Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Still Standing

I have come to realize that sometimes lifethrows curveballs and you have to shift with the ball or you get hit!! Women indure so much, from ongoing labor.... to being the one who gets that child a glass of water when they wake up at night from a bad dream. We carry so many different titles and I have learned that we love really, really hard. Especially when our spouses are in prison. Yes, I said prison. We sweep under the rug the fact that when our husbands do time we do time a well. There are very few programs that help us in our need and its defintely like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
We suffer in silence and mentally speaking when they go to jail we go with them. The good news is that the bad news is wrong!!!! I know that there is someone that needs to talk about this and I can say I may not have all the answers but I surely know how you feel. Support is my main focus and that's what I am here for. If you need someone to talk to and just express your feeling or even need a little advice.... Here I am.... STILL STANDING.... and my husband is in prison.

1 comment: